Research firm Gartner has just released its new Magic Quadrant of the RPA Vendor Market 2021. This Magic Quadrant gives you an insight on the current state and the evolution of the RPA market, one of the most exciting areas in enterprise technology.
There are currently more than 55 RPA vendors. Gartner separates the wheat from the chaff, and maps the key vendors according to their strategy and ability to execute.
If you compare to last year’s edition, there are some interesting evolutions:
- In the Leaders quadrant, there are high scores for UiPath and Automation Anywhere.
- UiPath has increased its lead, especially in terms of Ability to Execute. UiPath is now undisputed market leader in RPA, after a very strong growth and performance over the last years. The evolution of UiPath over the last years is quite unique in tech history.
- Microsoft, with Power Automate, has made a big leap in terms of Ability to Execute, and has broken up the hegemony of the Big 3. Many large IT conglomerates are foraging into RPA, but none of them is such a serious contender as Microsoft. We see Microsoft currently as the biggest challenger in the RPA market, with an offering that is not yet as mature as for example UiPath’s, but that is closing the gap rapidly and takes a new step in democratizing RPA due its disruptive pricing.
- Once the pioneer of RPA, Blue Prism, is currently losing ground and only just in the leaders segment.
- There are some new players listed like Nintex and Appian, which is a clear illustration of the convergence of BPM and RPA technologies.
- After SAP and Microsoft also IBM has entered the arena. This again is a great confirmation of RPA technology by the big players.
- We can also see that Chinese vendors are entering the market, as we see some Chinese Niche Players segments popping up (Laiye, Cyclone Robotics)
- The Key trends in the RPA market are the broader capabilities, the changing vendor landscape and new pricing models that are emerging. Gartner speaks of the trend Hyperautomation, to point to the convergence of technologies of RPA, BPM, AI, etc that is currently happening.
We would like to congratulate our partners UiPath, Microsoft and Automation Anywhere for their strong position in the latest Magic Quadrant. We are glad to support our customers with the 3 leading technology platforms!