Exciting News! At Microsoft Build 2022, Microsoft has announced a new addition to the Power Platform: Power Pages. Power Pages is a low code, secure and quick development platform to build business centric websites quickly and easily.
Often companies come across situations where they want to exchange information with external customers or partners. Think about situations where you want to provide customers with product information, portals where customers can configure products or where they can enter their orders. These applications typically require secure access to information that is available inside ERP systems such as Microsoft Dynamics, authentication through Linkedin, Google or Azure Active Directory and a user friendly UI.
In the past, all such applications had to be developed by professional developers and typically required lengthy development cycles. However, a recent evolution in IT is the shift towards Low Code Development. Low Code Development Platforms permit citizen developers to build their software systems even if they lack a programming background. By using templates and predefined building blocks, development cycles can be shorted dramatically and results can be delivered much faster.
Low Code is a major trend in IT. Gartner estimates that by 2025, organizations will build 70% of their new applications using low-code or no-code platforms. The global market of low code is expected to reach $187 Billion by 2030 (!)
Microsoft’s Power Platform is one of the key technologies in the marketplace that support the low code revolution. Just last month, Microsoft announced that the Power Platform is a $2 billion annual business, with revenue up 72 percent year over year. Thus, the Power Platform is one of the fastest growing businesses within Microsoft and one of the leading Low Code platforms in the world.
In the words of Charles Lamanna, Corporate VP Business Apps & Platform at Microsoft: “This is the Low Code revolution. Low Code enables everyone. Development has now become a team sport.”
The Power Platform is a powerful combination of low code tools and consists of the following components:
- Power Automate: the RPA platform that enables companies to automate repetitive tasks across multiple applications, by a combination of API automation, UI automation and workflows. Since the acquisition in 2020 of robonext technology partner and pure play RPA vendor Softomotive, Microsoft is one of the leading RPA providers in the market today
- Power Virtual Agents: the chatbot platform that enables companies to author their own internal or external chatbots
- Power BI: the world’s leading BI and reporting tool
- Power Apps: low code app development, that enables you to build responsive and modern software applications
- And now, the 5th piece of Microsoft’s Low Code puzzle: Power Pages, low code data driven external websites
Do you want to create value with Microsoft Power Platform? Over the last years, robonext has built extensive experience with these technologies. We can help your organization to get started or scale your Power Platform journey through the following services:
- Implementation services, where we help you to implement specific projects end-to-end
- Enablement services, where we enable your organisation to build your internal Power Platform expertise, by providing consulting, coaching and specific trainings
- Trainings and workshops, offering hands-on learning opportunities to your citizen developers, which can be in company workshops or trainings through external partners such as Syntra AB